Saturday 23 May 2015

30/30 Challenge - Day 21

Today I went and explored Tynehead Regional Park. This is a large park with many trails and streams. They have a fish hatchery and the park is set up as an informative walk to educate people on fish habitat management.

This is the hatchery. I would have been interested to see inside but it looks like this is as close as I could get.


The trails were well maintained with boardwalks over marshy areas.

Lots of squirrels in this park.









 





Lots of slugs too, these blacks ones were every three feet along the path. Makes me wonder why with all the forest floor around, they would all want to travel on the gravel trail.
 
 




Some interesting fungus on this tree.


Lots of large stumps left over from logging in the area.

Faces in the woods





 

 


A square root.




  A family trying unsuccessfully to BBQ

Coming out of the forest to a meadow.





One lone flower in the forest.

 
 This was a very nice park, a great place to go for a run if that's your thing or to walk your dog. There was another whole section of the park that I didn't get to that had off leash areas. I walked many km and although it was a Saturday, I didn't see too many people along the way. My only complaint is that no matter how deep in the forest I seemed to be, I could always hear some traffic noises. This kind of ruined the experience for me as I like to pretend I live in the past when forest trails were the only way to get around. Still, it was a nice place to go for a walk and I learned a few things about what makes for good salmon habitat.
 







Did you like this post? Share it! Tweet it! "Like" The Eclectic Ark on Facebook! Thanks, your awesome,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, Rhianna

The Eclectic Ark