Sunday 17 May 2015

30/30 Challenge - Day 17

Well yesterday knackered me and it was a beautiful lazy Sunday, so todays post comes from my front deck. Here's a cold beer, sit back ,relax and enjoy the view!
 
 The river is finally starting to rise a bit. Doesn't look like we will get much a of a freshet this year as there was next to no snowpack on the mountains. I love the vibrant green of the grass.

The sweet peas are growing really fast, cant wait for the flowers to bloom, my favorite smell.

This was another gift from mother nature, I didn't plant this purple shamrock, it just showed up in this empty pot. I love that my garden is planting itself!

Here is some more self starters growing with the goddess.


The window boxes are starting to fill out. The first petunia is peeking out between the white flowers.


 I planted a lot of carnations this year, I love the smell.


 I am so happy that my Wisteria came back. This is its second year here and it still hasn't bloomed, don't know if that is normal, I sure hope it blooms some day, I have wanted a house covered in Wisteria for 30 years.

These were our seats for the day, a little sun tanning, a little fishing, a lot of relaxing.



I did this carving years ago out of Black Poplar bark( also known as Cottonwood)

This one I bought in Bali. I love being able to decorate the outside of the house.




Dave finally got out back deck rebuilt. I am shocked at how high the logs came out of the water when he pressure washed the river mud off of them. Eventually we will be moving our water tank back here.

More yummy carnations.

So excited, about to taste my first strawberry of the season. Farming on a miniature scale lol.

This was a housewarming gift from a friend a couple of years ago, not sure but I think it may have outgrown its container!

Yet another self seeding plant taking hold. Got to love those pansies!


First BBQ of the season!

and last but not least, the beautiful sunset, our closing curtain on the day.



Well I am all rested up now for tomorrows adventure. I am off to the May Day Parade in Fort Langley, can't wait to see all the antique cars!




Did you like this post? Share it! Tweet it! "Like" The Eclectic Ark on Facebook! Thanks, your awesome,

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved the bright red trim on your float home. Thanks for the brew, my favourite drink. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your wonderful blog from Margy at Powell River. I'm enjoying reading about your 30x30 challenge. I've added you to my blogroll so I can keep reading. Nice to meet you. I'm Linda from Ontario

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment, Rhianna

The Eclectic Ark